Madeleine's Cake Boutique is proud to present our guest tutor, Naomi Lee of The Cake Botanist, for this Petite Fondant Favours Class!
Ever wanted to learn how to make these sweet little cakes inspired by traditional Petit Fours and Mr Kipling French Fancies? Come join The Cake Botanist for a day and master making your very own! The Cake Botanist will give you the opportunity to learn the techniques and skills finishing off a delicious sponge, glazing it with Fondant Patisserie and giving it that beautiful finish!
• how to prepare your sponge cake with a jam filling and marzipan layer, cutting sponges to ensure even sizes
• How to prepare and colour up Fondant Patisserie for dipping to give the sponge that clean and glossy finish
• how to box
• how to work with silicon moulds to create stunning push-out roses and flowers
• how to work with Sugar Flower paste to create delicate hydrangea flowers and five petal blossoms
• basic piping techniques using a piping bag with royal icing to give your Fondant Favours that sophisticated look
• how to use edible tints, get it to a perfect consistency to brush onto fondant and other cakes in general
• many different options to decorate your fancies and give them that magical touch
• tips and tricks from The Cake Botanist that you will not normally find online!
No previous experience is needed for this class. All you need to do is bring yourself, enthusiasm and your love of cake, as all ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day. We will give you a Madeleine’s bag to carry your creation home.
Naturally there will be cake — and lots of it — to have throughout the day. There will also be a 45 minute break for lunch. We’re situated in East Sheen where you’ll find numerous cafés and places to eat.
All students are offered a 10% discount on any purchases made from our Cake Boutique during the day of class, and 10% off future classes booked on the day.
If you would prefer to have private tuition please get in touch, as we may be able to arrange a private tutor.