Madeleine's Cake Boutique is proud to present our guest tutor, Naomi Lee of The Cake Botanist, for this Chocolate Drip Cake Class!
Want to learn what is trending? Come join The Cake Botanist in this jam-packed one day class filled with plenty of new recipes and techniques to get you making this stylish Drip Cake! From baking some super moist chocolate sponges to perfecting the Swiss Meringue Buttercream and not forgetting how to make a simple tempered chocolate cone from Bubble Wrap! We will also throw in a demo to show to you how to make mirror glaze that will keep that shine when it comes to giving your cakes those yummy drips!
• learn how to bake a simple, luscious chocolate sponge cake and how to divide and layered them up
• learn how to make and prepare the filling of raspberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream
• learn how to mask a layered cake and achieve sharp edges even with buttercream
• learn how to work with chocolate ganache to create streaks and textures on buttercream
• learn how to work with tempered chocolate to create chocolate decorations (Bubble Wrap cone)
• learn how to make Chocolate Mirror Glaze and how to get that flawless drip effect on your finished cake
• choose between "Yay" and "Happy Birthday" acrylic cake toppers to complete that fashionable style
• learn tips and tricks from The Cake Botanist that you will not normally find online!
No previous experience is needed for this class. All you need to do is bring yourself, enthusiasm and your love of cake, as all ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day. We will give you a Madeleine’s bag to carry your creation home.
Naturally there will be cake — and lots of it — to have throughout the day. There will also be a 45 minute break for lunch. We’re situated in East Sheen where you’ll find numerous cafés and places to eat.
All students are offered a 10% discount on any purchases made from our Cake Boutique during the day of class, and 10% off future classes booked on the day.
If you would prefer to have private tuition please get in touch, as we may be able to arrange a private tutor.
Maximum number of students